Work with our CTO to develop our AI-driven product.
Summer 2020 Software Engineering Internship
Location: Remote and/or Pittsburgh, PA
Hours: 40/wk paid internship
Duration: 8-12 weeks
We are in the process of developing new features and capabilities for our computer vision-based parking optimization system. We are starting to grow our software development team so that we can build awesome new products for our end customers. You will be working on software development alongside our CTO and will have the opportunity to learn from his industry experience. We’re looking for someone who wants to get involved with the front-end, the back-end, the UX, and/or the core computer vision; we are flexible based upon what you want to get out of the experience. You will also get the chance to be involved in company status update discussion so that you can see where we are and where we are going. Most importantly, the internship will be a great opportunity to get a paid, hands-on experience in the startup world, with a team that has both management and technical experience.
- Make a large impact on an early-stage startup!
- Design and develop a user-facing analytics dashboard.
- Implement machine learning-based predictive analytics.
- Design core components of our AWS architecture.
- Gain on-the-job experience.
- Excited at the thought of working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- We believe that talent comes in all forms, show us why you’re a fit for the job.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn through implementation.
Let us know if you have any of the following!
- Experience working with databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud computing platforms.
- An eye for design and a love for building beautiful, functional interfaces.
- Experience with computer vision and/or machine learning.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Android and/or iOS development.
Sparkline believes that solving underlying inefficiencies in the transportation sector will improve metropolitan congestion and pollution. Our mission is to make parking garages versatile and future-proof while providing new parking amenities in apartment buildings. To achieve this, we are building and integrating a complete product and services suite – a combination of camera hardware, computer vision, predictive analytics, access control, and utilization optimization.
Sparkline is in the process of finalizing three pilot opportunities around the US, including a major public real estate company. Founded in early 2020 out of the Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) Swartz Center, Sparkline will be participating in the CMU VentureBridge program throughout this upcoming summer. We are excited to start building out our product suite and delivering an important piece of the future of mobility.
At Sparkline, our ability to fulfill our mission relies on having a diverse, dedicated, and engaged workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.